Sunday, September 12, 2010

Boguete, Chiriqui, Panama´ 12-9-2010

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


Boguete, Chiriqui, Panama´ 12-9-2010

Odómetro: 15,345.4 miles

We left the Pacific Coast and cut back into mainland Panama´. It was a very pleasant country lane the entire way. However, it did turn into a dirt road for most of 40 miles. Along that stretch it was single lane. We came across 2 consecutive old single-lane-rickety-rackety-bridges, just like the one that crossed into Cold Spring. Just before one bridge a part of the road had a deep sink-hole, marked by a tree planted in it. I Crossed out ont on to the first briidge with a smile. When I got out on to the bridge, I stopped to take the photo of the pot-hole. As I sat there, getting the camera out to take the photo I heard part of the bridge fall into the mud below. I thought ¨heighcky creighcky.¨ I was glad I had my ¨depends¨on.

Later in the day, at exactly 11:52 Panama’ time, (at full on high-way speeds, mind you) I noticed my shadow was still casting Southward, then, ½ second later, not South nor North, then a ½ second later, decidedly Norhtward. I thought ¨right on¨, the ¨Uncle Walternox.¨ The sun, due to the earth´s wobble, on its journey southward across the earth, combined with Uncle Walter moving northward, has just crossed Uncle Walter. Chevre! From now on, Uncle Walter´s shadow will be casting Northward and not Southward; the sun, no longer in my eyes, but rather, if not for my bucket, burning my ¨comb-over¨. ¿Are you like totally jealous, Gator-bean??

Happy Uncle Walternox, everybody!!

Uncle Walter

3 comments:

  1. Hey that looks like the hot springs area 'caldera' alot of our guests here at www.bambuhostel.com do day trips to that place, stop by the hostel located in david panama for lots of other great tourist info

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Hi!!!!!!!

    Today is the day jejejeje, I'm goning to travel and I'm very very happy !!

    I have benn looking your photos, they're amazing, everyting is beatuful.

    Well, it's late, I have to go to school, so I leave from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: oferta siemple

    ReplyDelete