Saturday, June 12, 2010

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa



La Rioja, Northern Argentina 7/6/2010


Odometer: 6887.3


I arrived in La Rioja with plenty of daylight and time to find a really good mechanic. I went to talk to the local bolt store to look for some information. I still needed t extract the two pieces of bolt sheared off in the accident. He told me about the local motorcycle mechanic, Jaime. This turned out to be great stroke of luck. Jamie is the mechanic of the local motorcycle club. He and his helpers, Leo and Nicolai, went over my bike from head to toe. They tapped out the pieces, replaced the bolts, washed the bike, changed the oil, checked all the fluids, tightened all the bolts, changed the rear tire, changed the cracked mirrors, invited me to lunch at his house, invited me to the weekly Wednesday night motorcycle dinner and BS session, paid for dinner and drinks, and would not take any payment for all the work. At dinner I met about 8 other motorcycle enthusiasts and I was given a perfect napkin map up to Tafi de Valle and on to Salta. The entire expierence was fantastic! What a stroke of luck. Thanks Jaime! My bike has never had it so good!

The following photos are from the road on the paper napkin map up to Tafi de Valle.

Uncle Walter

1 comment:

  1. Your photos are truly stunning. Wow! What incredible beauty.

    ReplyDelete