Saturday, June 12, 2010

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Tafi de Valle, Northern Argentina 10/6/2010

Odometer 7155.3

I got on the road a little later than planned; as the cycle club kept me up till 02:00 I only got as far as Tafi de Valle, but what a great ride. The day started out cold and wet and turned to wet and cold and rainy, but none of that mattered. After arriving in Tafi de Valle, I was standing next to my bike looking at the map contemplating what to do, when Oscar, the director of the tour office pulled over in his car and asked if I needed help. He directed me to a little hostel that was neat and clean and had indoor parking for my bike. He made recommendations on where to eat. He also noticed that my license plate was missing, a fatality of the accident. He made arrangements with the local police to write a formal letter excusing me from having to replace it. (Yahh, Kathy K, I could use a little help on that one. Even 1000’s of miles away it is not what you know, but who you know.)

The above photos are of the canyon, again on my napkin map, I passed through on my way to Salta. They are:1-just out of Tafi de Valle, 2-the ruins at Quilmes,3-the vine yards outside of Cayfate, 4-the canyon on the decent to Salta. What a great ride.

Uncle Walter

Happy Birthday to Schnikelfritzy and Sister Mary Marge MT!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Schnikelfritzy and Sister Mary Marge MT say: "thank you Uncle Walter" They are grinning from ear to ear for being mentioned in your blog! Awesome pictures of your adventure. Thank you Jamie for taking great care of Uncle Walter and his bike. Muchas Gracias!! We are all well here in rainy Minnesota. Love you lots, Mary Kay

    ReplyDelete