Sunday, June 6, 2010






Los Lagos, El Districto Los Lagos, Chile 30/52010

Odometer: 5529.8 miles

Puerto Mont, Chile 29-5-2010 Odometer: 5330.7 miles

It was a perfect day for a ride through the Lake District of Chile. The sun was out and the temperatures soared up into the 30’s. I was able to remove the inner-liners of my road combat gear (that was a first since Rio Gallegos). By the time I reached Los Lagos a heavy fog had set in and the sun was getting low. I pulled into a local hostel and they said they were closed and sent my off to Los Suisos. It is a little place 8 kms out of town, run by a guy from Switzerland. He was a bit a miss that I was in central Chile in late May on a motorcycle. I told him about my good buddies, K2 logistics and US customs and the wasted 7 weeks. He asked about the duct tape. I explained. He said not to worry; he would give me a good price. So, for $12.00/day I got the cabin with the hot running water, a little wood stove and a view.

I decided to stay the day and find the new constant rattle made by La Poderosa. It took awhile, but I found 3 bolts that had been sheared off in the impact back a couple days past. Now, soooo much better.

The last 2 photos show the view off the deck and my little cabin.

Off to wine country.

Uncle Walter

No comments:

Post a Comment