Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Puno, Lake Titicaca, Perú 1-7-2010

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Puno, Lake Titicaca, Perú 1-7-2010

Odometer: 8889.2 miles

Border crossings are always fun. The crossing into Peru was the first real test for my new license plate. When I crossed into Bolivia I had my new plate on, but no one looked at it. However, today, Peruvian Customs was a little more detailed orientated and came out to inspect the bikes. I passed with flying colors. He didn´t notice that Minnesota is spelt with only one N. OOOOps. I think now I will make it all the way without difficulty.

The main objective for stopping in Puno is to go out to the floating islands. They were really neat, but a little overdone. Still, fun was had by all.

Uncle Walter

1 comment:

  1. It's all breathtakingly beautiful. Every part of your trip out does the last part. Incredible. I'm sure the people you encountered from the bus accident were amazed that you stopped to help and serve them. It's so sad to think about the man losing his wife. Thanks for the updates, keep them coming. Your parents appreciate them!! Love, KK

    ReplyDelete