Wednesday, August 25, 2010

San Andres de Pisimbala, Cauca, Colombia 19-8-2010

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


San Andres de Pisimbala, Cauca, Colombia 19-8-2010

Odometer: 12,908.7

We decided that the Pan-American is too busy for safe driving and therefore to cut back across the Andes on the small back roads rather then follow up the main valley. Another excellent decision!! 60 miles of dirt, rain, mmuuuuud, and a lot of fun. Because of the non-stop rain there have been several landslides. In the picutre above, the front-end-loader-driver was so escared to drive the road I had to lead. From there the road got worse. We continued.

When I stooped to take the third picture the 2 young girls came up and asked me if I needed help. I asked them if they knew if the road went to Speckville. I got giggles and funny looks, but no real answer. So, I am sure it does, as all roads lead to Speckville. Right Rose.


When we arrived in San Andres the rain stopped and we toured the pre-inca tombs of Segovia. Uncle Walter now got so escared---eewww scaried chicken—--he could hardly go down into the tombs to take the pictures. But, from the top of the hill we could see a place with a swimming pool. It had Uncle Walter written all over it, and at $12.00/night---Splurge!!!!

Uncle Walter

Meemers, don´t tell your grandpa I got escared in the tombs. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment